Did somebody say pancakes? Hell yeah. I could easily go on a pancake diet for a week, I absolutely love them. In the morning, afternoon snack or even a sneaky after dinner treat, pancakes are literally life.
In this blog post, I’ve put together my recipe for my homemade fluffy pancakes that you can make in five minutes. I’ve also included a few swap outs for dairy-free as I pretty much have a dairy-free diet. Let me know in the comments whether you’ve tried this or message me on Instagram or Twitter I’d love to see the final perfect pancakes!
1 1/2 cups milk (dairy free: soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups self-raising flour
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda – (yes this is important they raise much better than ya standard pancakes)
1/3 cup caster sugar
25g butter, melted (for cooking on the pan) – (dairy free: nuttelex)
- Mix the self-raising flour, egg, milk and sugar together in a large bowl and mix until your arm hurts (I seriously need an electronic mixer, hint hint to my familly xmas pressie pls) until the mixture is looking super smooth
- Then add in the vanilla extract and bicarbonate of soda, the vanilla extract will make your pancakes taste great and the bicarbonate of soda will make them a little fluffier than ya average pancake – it’s basically my secret of pancakes, yay 🙂
- Place some butter or nuttelex for a dairy-free pancake and place in the middle of your non-stick frying pan with the temperature on medium.
- Wait until the pan is hot and the butter or nuttelex has melted
- Grab a ladle or a large spoon and pour your pancake onto the pan
- Cook pancake on one side for 1 – 2 minutes until bubbles appear, shift the edges with a turner and flip that bad boy over, leave again until medium brown ( 1 – 2 mins) – just keep an eye on them
- Apply any toppings, my fave are coconut ice cream, strawberries, blueberries and a light strawberry syrup.
- Place toppings until Instagram worthy!
Enjoy, don’t forget to send me your photos!
Lots of love,